Gathering leadership is now accepting applications for financial assistance for the 2022 Gathering. Adult leaders should apply on behalf of youth participants, using the same five-digit congregational ID number used to register for the Gathering. Financial assistance is available to youth participants in the form of registration-fee credits. Assistance is offered on the financial need of youth participants and their families, not the financial status of their congregations or local communities. Before applying, please reach the information below.
Apply for Gathering Financial Assistance
Other details regarding financial assistance for this cycle:
- Up to $300 per youth participant may be provided to cover registration fees in the form of a discount code. Financial assistance will appear as a credit on the congregational account.
- Congregations may receive assistance for up to 10 youth.
- Youth participants must be registered and the discount must be applied within 30 days of receiving financial assistance. After 30 days, assistance for unregistered youths is returned to the fund and awarded to the next person on the waiting list. For assistance in applying discount codes, please see our guide.
- Assistance is not available for MYLE and the tAble registration fees because those costs are already highly subsidized. Those attending MYLE or the tAble can apply for Gathering registration financial assistance.
- Gathering leadership has designated specific funds for youth of color, those living urban or rural communities, and youth attending with congregations that have started in the last five years.
New for the 2022 Gathering is a financial assistance pilot program. Hoping to identify the most effective ways of supporting participants in need and to best steward limited financial assistance resources, the Gathering has partnered with six synods to come up with creative ways to use the financial assistance dollars typically allocated to their congregations via the standard process. Individuals from the following synods are not eligible to apply for financial assistance through the Gathering office but are invited to contact their synod for more information on their project.
Northern Texas – Northern Louisiana
Contact Information: Janelle Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application link for Northern Texas - Northern Louisiana
Contact Information: Pastor Diane Day, email@example.com
Application link for Delaware-Maryland
Contact Elizabeth Burnside, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application link for Metro DC
Contact Gary Pecuch, email@example.com
Contact Mindy Tillberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application link for Central States
Contact Casey Cross and Phil Misner, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application link for Northwest Intermountain