Getting StartedThe Rostered Leader Profile (RLP) is for use by everyone on the ordained and lay rosters of the ELCA, as well as those who are candidates for these rosters.
The RLP is intended for use only by those on the rosters of the ELCA (or candidates for these rosters) and not by other church professionals (e.g. non-rostered musicians, youth & family ministers, directors of Christian education etc.).
Once completed and submitted, the RLP will be stored in the churchwide database. "RLP Search" (a page available only to synod bishops and authorized persons on their staffs) will make it possible to search the database of RLPs using a large variety of search criteria.
Steps for use of the Rostered Leader Profile
- When you click on the link below it will take you to the ELCA Community login page. Some of you already have an account established and are familiar with this site. Once you log in and click on the Leader Portal you will see the link for “Mobility/Call Process”. We are also using this opportunity to remind rostered leaders that an account may have already been created for you. The information you need to access this account was sent to you in an e-mail from Secretary Boerger in June of 2014. It will be helpful if you can retrieve your ELCA Community user name from that email. For those of you who don’t remember if you have an account or cannot remember your password please click on the “Forgot user name or password” link on this page to retrieve your information. Please don’t create a new account until you have taken these steps. Click here to login and access the Rostered Leader Profile and supporting forms.
- The RLP is a web-based form. Please save your work as you proceed.
- When you feel your RLP is complete and ready to submit, click the “Save and Complete” button at the end of the form. We encourage you to click on the “Download PDF” link and save a PDF copy on your computer.
- You and your synod office will receive an email confirming that the RLP has been received.
- The RLP does not become active in the system; however, until the Synodical Bishop approves the RLP and the two supporting documents have also been received:
- The Authorization and Release (signature) page
- The Reference Recommendation Form
- You can log into ELCA Community at any time in order to monitor the status of your RLP and access your supporting documents.
- An existing RLP can be edited and re-submitted. A re-submission will require re-approval and a new signed Authorization and Release page.
The Ministry Site Profile form (MSP) provides congregations (single and multiple point parishes) and church-related organizations (schools, social ministry organizations, healthcare institutions, and agencies) a single, common form to use to describe their mission and their search for a rostered leader.
The MSP is filled out by leaders within the congregation or organization, under the guidance of the synod bishop or synodical staff. Once completed and submitted, the MSP will be stored within the ELCA’s mobility database. "Ministry Opportunities" makes it possible for rostered leaders and others to search the database of MSPs to learn of ministry openings, to read a basic snapshot of information about each opening, and to learn about the appropriate contact person for each call process.
The MSP and Mobility Database System are designed only for searches for those rostered within the ELCA. It is not intended for searches for other church workers, including lay professionals, non-rostered musicians or program directors.
Steps for use of the Ministry Site Profile
- You will be required to create an account and to give other identifying information in order to access the Ministry Site Profile. Click here to access the Ministry Site Profile and supporting forms.
- The MSP is a web-based form. Please save your work as you proceed.
- When the MSP is complete, click on the “Download PDF” link and save a PDF version to your computer. You can also print a copy for your records.
- You will receive an email confirming that the MSP has been received.
- The MSP does not become active in the system: however, until the Synodical Bishop approves the MSP and allows it to be posted.
- You can go to “Access Account” on the website in order to monitor the status of your MSP and access the supporting forms (the Reflections and Reference forms).
- If you wish to update your information, go to “Access Account” to edit the existing MSP and re-submit it.
- If your ministry site has more than one opening to be filled by a rostered leader, you must complete a new MSP to reflect this second position and then submit it.