Your gifts to ELCA World Hunger are making a difference. As a partner of churches, social ministry organizations
and development and advocacy
organizations, ELCA World Hunger helps reach communities most in need throughout the world. Our relationships in the U.S. and around the world create an infrastructure that allows us to be very cost efficient and effective — less than 10 cents of every dollar is used for program administration and fundraising.
In 2016, your support of ELCA World Hunger totaled over $21.9 million
From Alaska to Alabama, from Chile to China, your gifts are hard at work helping our neighbors near and far break the cycle of hunger and poverty. Your generous giving makes it possible for ELCA World Hunger to be present throughout the United States and throughout the world. In 2017, we are supporting:
- 347 projects in 46 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico
- 62 countries, including the United States
From health clinics to microloans, food pantries to soup kitchens, advocacy to community organizing, your gifts are supporting meaningful solutions that get at the root causes of hunger. This year, your gifts to ELCA World Hunger supported innovative and effective projects around the world, including:
- community organizing in Alaska’s Mat-su valley;
- Central City Lutheran Mission’s emergency men’s shelter in San Bernadino, California;
- Inter Parish Ministry’s choice food pantries in Batavia and Newtown, Ohio;
- primary and secondary education in Zimbabwe;
- sustainable farming in China; and
- over 600 other projects in the areas of relief, education, advocacy and sustainable development!