Domestic Hunger Grants
The ELCA World Hunger-funded Domestic Hunger Grants support ministries that offer hope and assistance to many thousands of people who experience poverty and hunger in the United States. These grants do more than just give food to people who are hungry — in addition to immediate relief programs, ELCA World Hunger Domestic Hunger Grants fund projects in community development and community-based organizing and advocacy that strengthen the foundations of communities impacted by hunger and poverty.
In 2014, this program allocated a total of $821,050 to support 384 domestic projects and programs ranging from congregational food pantries to weekend backpack programs for children to job training and living-wage advocacy campaigns. ELCA World Hunger-funded Domestic Hunger Grants make a difference.
- Advocacy: 8 programs, $15,500
- Development: 65 programs, $158,075
- Organizing: 51 programs, $116,300
- Relief: 260 programs, $531,175
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE DOMESTIC HUNGER GRANT CYCLE AND PROCESS*
The Domestic Hunger Grant application will now be for a two-year funding period.
We anticipate that the application will be posted here in May 2015 for funding considerations in 2016-2017.
APPLICANTS FUNDED IN 2014: (Effective with the 2014-2015 cycle, applicants will now receive funding for TWO consecutive years.)
- Applicants will not be required to complete an application for 2015 funding.
- Rather, second-year funding will be contingent upon completing the Organizational Information Update and Evaluation form. The Organizational Information Update and Evaluation form will be posted here by Nov. 10, 2014, for submission on or before Dec. 12, 2014. Please click here to continue to the evaluation forms.
- Organizations that received grants in the 2014-2015 granting cycle are ineligible for funds in the 2016-2017 granting cycle.
APPLICANTS COMPLETING THE PREVIOUS THREE-YEAR CYCLE:
- Organizations funded in 2012, 2013 and 2014 are ineligible for funding in the 2015-2016 granting cycle. Previously an application was required for each year of funding.
- New applicants are organizations that DID NOT receive a Domestic Hunger Grant in 2014. New applicants may apply for funding in the 2016-2017 granting cycle in 2015.
Criteria for activities supported by ELCA World Hunger Domestic Hunger Grants is outlined here.